Evergreen Grants for Community Food and Environment Programs
Walmart Canada and Evergreen have combined to offer this national program funding community-based initiatives across Canada. Projects supported through the Green Grants program include, but are not limited to:
- Native planting initiatives
- Invasive species removal
- Community food gardens
- Youth-based and intergenerational projects
- Wildlife habitat restoration
- Aquatic stewardship projects
- Environmental workshops and educational events
- Community skills sharing workshops
- Projects serving underserved communities
Amount offered: up to $10,000 (up to 50% of project budget)
Application deadline: January 31, 2012
Available to Canadian community groups and non-profit organizations working on community development and environmental initiatives such as those listed above.
- Eligible groups must be working collaboratively with a local municipality or other institutional partner.
- Projects must be located on publicly accessible lands.
- Previous grant recipients are welcome to apply again. There is no preference given to previously granted organizations and all applications will go through the same review process.
- Projects developed on land belonging to a public school board are only eligible for funding through the Toyota Evergreen Learning Grounds funding program.
Eligible expenses include:
- Native plant material (plants, trees, shrubs, wildflowers)
- Gardening supplies and tools
- Educational and communication materials
- Volunteer expenses
- Health and safety supplies
- Wages, salaries, honoraria and professional consulting services (up to 20% of Green Grant funding requested)