Metro Vancouver Sustainability Breakfast
|When:||Back to Calendar June 13, 2012 @ 7:30 am - 9:00 am||Where:||British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) Vancouver
555 Seymour St
Vancouver,BC V6B 3H6
Click to view map✔ Add to Calendar Add to Google Calendar
The Agricultural Industry… What is the Future?
Innovative, economically viable and ecologically sustainable farming and food production enterprises that support our local food system are critical to the future viability of the agriculture industry. However, as a profession, agriculture is being marginalized. We are in danger of losing the next generation of agricultural leaders.
Join us to learn about the challenges and opportunities and how we can encourage and support new farmers, post-production entrepreneurs, and food system leaders in Metro Vancouver.
- Lydia Ryall, Farmer and Owner, Cropthorne Farm, Ladner (June 5)
- Michael Allen, Farmer, GBE Organic, Chilliwack (June 5)
- Sara Dent, Coordinator, Young Agrarians (June 5 )
- Kent Mullinix, Director, Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security, Kwantlen Polytechnic University, Langley (June 5, June 13)
- Arzeena Hamir, Professional Agrologist (June 13)
- Patrick Kitchen and Amy Suess, Farmers, Skeeter Farm, Yarrow (June 13)
The next Metro Vancouver Sustainability Community Breakfast will take place in two locations:
Tuesday, June 5th, 2012 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.* at Kwantlen Polytechnic University, 20901 Langley Bypass, Langley - Location Map & Directions
*Please note breakfast will be available from 7:00 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. in the Admissions Lobby and cannot be brought into the Theatre.
for June 5
Wednesday, June 13th, 2012 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. at British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) downtown Vancouver campus at 555 Seymour Street, Vancouver
for June 13 – Can’t make it in person? Tune into the live stream here at 7:30 a.m. on June 13th!
For more information about upcoming Metro Vancouver Sustainability Community Breakfasts please visit our website.