Sign Up For A Community Garden Plot
How To Join
Garden plots are available for Richmond residents only.
Since plots in these gardens become available on a yearly basis, a wait list has been produced that will ensure you’ll be called on a first come first serve basis. Unfortunately, it generally takes about 2 years to be offered a plot. When a garden plot becomes available you will be notified by phone or email. (Please read more about how our wait list system works at the bottom of this page.)
- Telephone number
- Email (if you have one)
- Which 2 community gardens for which you want to be wait listed
You can sign up for the wait list in the following ways:
Mail – Richmond Food Security Society PO Box 22006 100-3675 Westminster Highway Richmond, BC V7C 5V2
How our wait list system works
- When an individual is assigned a garden, regardless of location, they are struck off our wait list.
- It is up to wait listed individuals to inform us of any changes in phone numbers, address and emails addresses. Phone numbers and emails that are out of service will be struck from our database.
- Location of garden plots are luck of the draw. There are no guarantees in regards to condition and location of the garden plot. Gardens plots are “as is.”
- Gardeners who have gardens and want to transfer are given priority for the next yearly renewal cycle and must forfeit their current garden that following year.