Urban Agriculture Program Coordinator
We are seeking an Urban Agriculture Program Coordinator to join our team.
This position is to coordinate the several urban agriculture programs, including Community Gardens, and Community Seed Library.
It is a permanent full time role.
The successful candidate will start by learning and enhancing core operations of current programs including Community Gardens, Fruit Recovery, and Seed Library. There is significant growth potential in this role, and the opportunity to be involved in the planning, design, and implementation of significant new projects and programs such as Kids in the Garden programming for schools, The Garden City Lands Agricultural Park, and the development of new community garden sites.
The successful candidate will report to the Executive Director, and be passionate about urban agriculture, exceptionally organized, and a real people person with a solid science and gardening background.
Application deadline: May 22, 2017 or until role is filled. Early applications encouraged.
This position may be dependent on a wage subsidy and applicants who meet this criteria may be prioritized. Please indicate how you do or do not meet the following in your cover letter.
- be under 30 years of age
- have completed a science based degree (4 year) or diploma (2 year)
- be legally entitled to work in Canada (Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or landed immigrant)
- available to work full time (min. 35 hours/ week)
- be unemployed or underemployed (working part time, on contract or in a field that does not match your area of study)
- have not participated in a federally funded youth employment program
Full details and application instructions are here.