RFSS Fall Fundraiser
5180 Westwater Drive
Richmond, BC V7E 6S2
It’s harvest season, and our Fall Fundraiser is just around the corner!
Featuring a locally-sourced appetizer buffet showcasing the season’s harvest, served at one of the last surviving bunkhouses in the Pacific Northwest.
We are pleased to present Harold Steves – family farmer, Richmond city councillor and one of the founding fathers of BC’s Agricultural Land Reserve – as our featured speaker for the evening. Join us and Mayor Malcolm Brodie for a rare opportunity to learn about Richmond’s food history at one of our most unique heritage sites. Tickets are $45 and include an appetizer buffet and a raffle for various valuable prizes.
The appetizers will be prepared by award winning Chef Daniela Iaci, who also prepared the food that got rave reviews in our last fundraiser in March of this year.
The appetizer list includes:
- Pear and gorgonzola crostini
- Wild mushroom and thyme crostini
- Curried shrimp tartlets
- Tomato bruschetta
- House smoked wild sockeye salmon with citrus creme fraiche
- Marinated mushrooms with fresh herbs
- Chicken satays with spiced yoghurt
- Marinated Olives
- Italian style meat patties
- Sweet Chili Prawns
Raffle Prizes include:
- Four rounds of golf to Country Meadows Course ($128 value)
- Dinner for two at Blue Canoe ($50 value)
- Dinner for two at Steveston Seafood House ($50 value)
- Sustainable dining experience by Forage Restaurant at The Listel Hotel ($50 value)
- Choice Markets gift card ($50 value)
- Seafair Gourmet Meats gift card ($50)
Tickets are $45. All proceeds will go to support the Richmond Food Security Society.
To purchase tickets, click on the green Buy Tickets button at the top of this page, or please visit: rfssfundraiser.bpt.me
Have to miss out? One-time Donations are also accepted at the link above!
Friends and Family Discounts
Take advantage of the two coupon codes for friends and family of RFSS to use!
- Vancity Staff can buy tickets for $40 with code GOODMONEY
- RFSS friends & family can also buy tickets for $40 with code RFSSFRIENDS
About the Richmond Food Security Society| We are a non-profit organization dedicated to creating fair and sustainable food systems that support our community’s well-being for years to come. Since 2009, the Richmond Food Security Society has been building a community where everyone can access and enjoy nutritious foods in dignified ways. Come and find out what we have planned for 2014, including a Good Food Box program for young families, a bulk buying initiative, and the first ever Food Charter for Richmond. To learn more, please visit www.richmondfoodsecurity.org