About the challenge:
Raise awareness and support food security in our community with the fourth annual Local Eating Challenge!
Eating local is about bringing communities closer to the roots of our food production systems, nourishing not only the belly but also our relationships with one another and the land that sustains us. All funds raised go directly to inspiring a robust Richmond food system through education, advocacy, and community building initiatives.
The Local Eating Challenge
From September 22nd -29th, 2018 we challenge our community, volunteers, and staff to eat as much produce grown here on Lulu island, meat raised by our farmers, and seafood caught by local fisherman while raising funds to help grow a robust Richmond food system.
Become a Foodie and take part in the challenge, make a donation, and join the conversation through Facebook(@RichmondFood) and Twitter(@rfoodss).
Remember to use #eatlocalrichmond
How the Challenge works:
Three ways to participate
The four levels of participation are:
Then the FUNdraising begins! Foodies reach out to their family, friends, and networks and request donations towards their efforts in taking the challenge between September 22nd – 29th, 2018, Foodies will eat as much food grown in Richmond based on their participation level as possible.
Join our team, register with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All registered participants will receive a share of honey from the community hive next year.
2. Participate in any or all facilitated community kitchen events at Garratt Wellness Centre. Bring five pounds of local produce, we cook, we all take home the dishes created. Cost is $100/person. Bring your own knives, cutting board, 4 tea towels and Tupperware containers.
Please pre-register for your selected dates by emailing email@example.com
Dates scheduled are:
1. September 24th from 5 PM – 9 PM
2. September 27th from 5 PM – 9 PM
3. September 28th from 5 PM – 9 PM
4. September 29th from 9 AM – 2 PM
3. Provide a direct contribution