- To get the most out of your garden, it’s always good to have a plan. Gardening can easily be overwhelming, and it’s best to know what you want to get out of your garden and how much time you can commit to it.
Questions to ask:
- What is the garden for?
- Growing food – feed a family or just one?
- What time can you commit?
- It’s better to start small and grow the garden as you have more time
- Even a small garden needs a lot of time, plan accordingly
- What planting style do you like?
Why planning is so important? Why not just plant everything
- Poor air circulation
- Allows disease to spread
- Many diseases are spread by too much moisture, common in gardens without good planning
- Pest issues will spread quickly