Sign up for the Richmond Community Gardens Waitlist
Due to high demand, there is a 1-3 year wait for each of our gardens. Before you sign up for the waitlist please read the Rules & Agreement section so you know what to expect from our program and how best to participate. Garden plots are rented on a yearly basis and we are planning garden expansions in the near future.
The Richmond Community Gardens Waitlist:
- You can sign up for maximum 3 garden sites. Please indicate your first choice.
- Plots are assigned on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Please update us with any new personal info. If we can’t reach you, you will be taken off the waitlist.
- When a plot becomes available, you will be given information on how to pay for the plot and when it is due. If we do not hear from you by the due date, you will be passed for the year keeping your place on the list.
- If an individual on the waitlist does not respond or declines a plot three times, they will be removed from the waitlist.
- There are no guarantees in regards to condition and location of the garden plot. Garden plots are rented on an “as-is” basis.
- Current gardeners who want to transfer to a different garden are given priority for the next renewal cycle.
Please note we are not currently accepting applications for the Garden City Lands Community Garden. We hope to start construction on those plots in 2020, and will make a public announcement when we are accepting names. Please sign up for our newsletter to be the first to know.
If you have read the Rules & Agreement and would like to have a plot in the community gardens, please click the button below to add your name to the waitlist.